22 August, 2005

Were you born to resist? Or be abused? Is someone getting the best of you?

The Great Big Sea concert on the 13th was great. They put on a great show, as usual. I sat back further from the stage than I would have liked but that's what I get for arriving later than I wanted to.

Before the show started I grabbed a hot dog and a Pepsi. The Get Spotted Drinking a Pepsi people were there and I was spotted with my Pepsi. I won a free Pepsi. I have yet to get my free drink. Winning is not at all like the commercials. Well, the only thing like the commercial is what they say. Doesn't really matter anyway. The winning is all that matters. Har.

Anywhoo, Great Big Sea played for about an hour and a half. They played a bunch of songs that are staples of their live shows like: Run, Run Away, Mari Mac and Lukey. They played one new song, called Captain Kidd, that will be on their next album. It comes out October 11th. It was about a pirate. Arrr! Pirates rock my socks off. They played two encores, which was pretty cool.

I went home happy and slightly more deaf since I forgot my damn earplugs.