09 August, 2005

Reality TV

The other night while I was watching TV I realized that I like reality TV. Not all of it mind you, just some of it. Since I moved downtown I've been watching the most amount of TV that I've watched in years. Most of that TV time is taken up by CSI but almost all of the rest I've been watching reality shows. I was a little surprised at first but now I'm more comfortable with it.

There are a lot of bad reality TV shows out there. It's all a matter of opinion though. Instead of being hostile towards it, I just remember it's there for entertainment. I don't have to watch it if I don't like it. It's like anything in life. If you don't like it, don't watch it, read it, etc.

My favourite show out of all of them would be The Amazing Race. You get to see people run around the world and do all sorts of crazy shit. It's great. It's too bad they couldn't have a little more focus on the places that they're in. It's a race though so you can't linger too long.

My next favourite would be Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. It's cool that they build houses for people who need them. It's nice to see a reality show that does something to help people.

I watch other ones off and on. I don't pay as close attention to them as those two. Fear Factor's good for a laugh. I don't know why people want to go on there to eat gross disgusting stuff but whatever floats your boat I suppose. I'll catch The Osbournes, Rockstar: INXS, So You Think You Can Dance? and other ones when I come across them or remember they're on.

I watch reality TV when I'm in the mood to just watch TV. Most other things I watch, I feel as though I think a lot more. It's good to give the old brain a rest every so often.